Pontian is a district in southwest Johor, the name of Pontian was transformed from a Malay word “Perhentian” which means a stop. Sailors travelling to and from Singapore or Malacca stop at Sungai Pontian Besar for shelter from the rough waters the Straits of Malacca.The capital Pontian Kechil was formerly a fishing village which has developed into a small town.
It is home to the National Park of Tanjung Piai with its beautiful mangroves. Tanjung Piai is a tourist attraction because it is at the southernmost tip of Asia. Other notable towns in Pontian include Ayer Baloi and Benut, north of Pontian Kechil. To the south and east of Pontian Kechil respectively are the towns of Teluk Kerang and Pekan Nanas.
Pontian is noted for its variety of seafood which is sold at a reasonable price. Kukup is a famous fishing village about 20 km from Pontian Kechil.
According to the information we had collected, things can do at PONTIAN as below.
- Jeti Nelayan Sungai Rambah
- Kukup Fishing Village
- Laman Mahkota Istana Bukit Serene
- Pontian Wholesale Fish Market
- Rumah Berhala Tian Ling Diann
- Tanjung Piai National Park
- Watch Sunset At The Dock of Pontian
- Johor Bugis Museum
- Muzium Johor Bugis (Pontian Kecil)
- Pineapple Museum
Nature & Park
- Gunung Pulai Recreational Forest
- Nictar Farm(Pineapple plantation navigation)
- RAMSAR Site Sungai Pulai
- Sri Tanjung Leisure Farm
Click on below Johor district name to view full list of attractions.